Analyse of a real 6LoWPAN network using a Contiki-based sniffer module
You will learn
In this tutorial you will enable Contiki to sniff 6LoWPAN packets and visualize a real time wireless sensor network (WSN) in an interactive environment of Foren6. You will deploy UDP server-client IPv6 example on multiple Tmote-Sky and sniff the communication channel on one of the Tmote-Sky. You will install Foren6 and learn how to integrate a Tmote-sky with real-time diagnosis tool.
Foren6: A 6LoWPAN Diagnosis tool
Foren6 is an effort to provide a non-intrusive 6LoWPAN network analysis tool. It leverages passive sniffer devices to reconstruct a visual and textual representation of network information to support real-world Internet of Things applications where other means of debug (cabled or network-based monitoring) are too costly or impractical.
- Foren6 uses sniffers to capture 6LoWPAN traffic and renders the network state it in a GUI.
- Foren6 captures all RPL-related information and identifies abnormal behaviors.
- Multiple sniffers can be combined for extended coverage.
- Rewind the packet capture history, replay a previous packet trace and navigate through different overlays to pinpoint problems.
Foren6 Installation guide
- System with Linux/MacOS X
- sudo apt-get install -y libqt4-dev qt4-qmake cmake make libexpat1-dev tshark libpcap0.8-dev libc6-dev g++ gcc
- Get the Source
- git clone https://github.com/cetic/foren6.git
- Install Foren6
- cd foren6
- sudo make install
Collect-view on Tmote-Sky
Configuring the sniffer for real time capture
More about Foren6, Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oildt3x6htw