With the advancements in wireless communications, robotics, and embedded systems, there is growing interest in deploying robotic networks. ANRG members are collaborating with control theorist and roboticists on emerging research topics to build a bridge between robotics and wireless networking with a new vision for the next generation of robotic, controllable, and adaptable Internet of Things (IoT) systems. We are investigating how to leverage the information from the onboard radio to create a more intelligent robot team. Because robots have control over their motion and are aware of the network status, a new design dimension is opened up for the design of data routing and localization algorithms. One example of our contributions is the use of these robot teams to provide a temporary communication backbone between two points where there is limited or no connectivity.
Jason A. Tran
Kwame Lante Wright
Nora Ayanian (USC)
Andrea Gasperri (Roma Tre)
- SWANBOT: An Autonomous Reconfigurable Network of Wireless Robots
- ROBO-BED: A scalable, programmable, robotic testbed
- Shangxing Wang, Andrea Gasparri and Bhaskar Krishnamachari, “Robotic Message Ferrying for Wireless Networks Using Coarse-Grained Backpressure Control“, to appear in IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2016.
- Pradipta Ghosh and Bhaskar Krishnamachari, “Interference Power Bound Analysis of a Network of Wireless Robots“, Invited Paper (COMSNETS 2017) , arXiv:1608.08261 [cs.RO]
- Pradipta Ghosh, Raktim Pal, and Bhaskar Krishnamachari. “Towards Controllability of Wireless Network Quality using Mobile Robotic Routers” arXiv preprint arXiv:1607.07848 (2016).
- Shangxing Wang, Bhaskar Krishnamachari, Nora Ayanian, “The Optimism Principle: A Unified Framework for Optimal Robotic Network Deployment in An Unknown Obstructed Environment“, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, IROS 2015.
- Pradipta Ghosh, Jie Gao, Andrea Gasparri, Bhaskar Krishnamachari, “Distributed Hole Detection Algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks“, IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), 2014
- Andrea Gasparri, Bhaskar Krishnamachari, “Throughput-Optimal Robotic Message Ferrying for Wireless Networks using Backpressure Control“, IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), 2014
- Ryan Williams, Andrea Gasparri, Bhaskar Krishnamachari, “Route Swarm: Wireless Network Optimization through Mobility“, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2014.
- Pradipta Ghosh, Jie Gao, Andrea Gasparri, Bhaskar Krishnamachari, “RiverSwarm: Topology-Aware Distributed Planning for Obstacle Encirclement in Connected Robotic Swarms“, International Workshop on Robotic Sensor Networks (RSN), 2014.
- Shangxing Wang, Andrea Gasparri and Bhaskar Krishnamachari, “Robotic Message Ferrying for Wireless Networks using Coarse-Grained Backpressure Control“, IEEE GLOBECOM 2013 Workshop on Wireless Networking and Control for Unmanned Autonomous Vehicles.